King of the Hill is an animated sitcom that aired from 1997 to 2010, created by Mike Judge and Greg Daniels. The show follows the lives of the Hill family, a middle-class American family living in the fictional town of Arlen, Texas. The show is known for its realistic and satirical portrayal of Texas culture, politics, and society.
One of the main characters of the show is Bobby Hill, the only son of Hank and Peggy Hill. Bobby is a friendly, naive, and chubby 12-year-old boy who often clashes with his father’s conservative and traditional values. Bobby has a passion for comedy, music, and acting, but he also struggles with self-esteem, bullying, and fitting in.
The Origin of the Quote
In the first episode of the sixth season, titled “Bobby Goes Nuts”, Bobby is being bullied by some kids at school. His father Hank tells him that he has to learn how to defend himself and sends him to the YMCA to take a self-defense class. However, all the classes are full except for the women’s self-defense class, which Bobby reluctantly joins.
The instructor of the class teaches Bobby a simple but effective technique: to kick his attacker in the groin and yell “That’s my purse! I don’t know you!” as a way to confuse and humiliate them. Bobby learns the technique and uses it successfully against his bullies, but he also becomes addicted to it and starts kicking anyone who annoys him, including his friends, his teachers, and even his father.
The quote “That’s my purse! I don’t know you!” became one of the most memorable and hilarious lines from the show, as well as one of Bobby’s catchphrases. The episode also featured some funny scenes where Bobby demonstrates his technique to his friends and family, such as when he kicks a clown at a birthday party or when he kicks Hank while he is sleeping.
The Popularity of the Meme
The quote “That’s my purse! I don’t know you!” has been widely used as a meme on the internet, especially on YouTube. The meme usually involves editing or remixing clips from the original episode or other media sources to create humorous or absurd scenarios where Bobby kicks someone in the groin and yells his quote.
Some examples of the meme are:
- That’s my purse I don’t know you!!!, where Bobby kicks various characters from different shows and movies.
- ” That’s my purse , I don’t know you ! “, where Bobby kicks himself in different situations.
- THAT’S MY PURSE. I DON’T KNOW YOU! – King of the Hill, where Bobby kicks Hank in slow motion with dramatic music.
- Best Of That’s My Purse, where Bobby kicks several people in a compilation video.
The meme has also been referenced or parodied by other media sources, such as:
- That’s My Purse! | Know Your Meme, where the quote is explained and documented as a meme.
- “King of the Hill” Bobby Goes Nuts (TV Episode 2001) – IMDb, where the quote is listed as one of the memorable quotes from the episode.
- Family Guy – That’s My Purse, where Peter Griffin uses Bobby’s technique against Lois Griffin.
- South Park – That’s My Purse, where Cartman uses Bobby’s technique against Kyle Broflovski.
The quote “That’s my purse! I don’t know you!” is a funny and iconic line from King of the Hill that has become a popular meme on the internet. The quote showcases Bobby Hill’s personality and humor, as well as his unconventional way of dealing with his problems. The quote also reflects the show’s style of comedy, which mixes realism and absurdity in a clever and witty way. The quote is a testament to the lasting impact and legacy of King of the Hill as one of the best animated sitcoms ever made.